Weddings & Events
Your partner for a beautiful Prince Edward Island wedding
It's going to be your `big day`, entrust it to people who know what they're doing. At the Delta Prince Edward, we have the facilities and expertise to make your wedding day truly special. For more information, please give us a call. All you have to say is `I Do.` We'll take care of the rest.
The traditional wedding reception generally includes hors d'oeuvres, an appetizer, the main course, wedding cake and coffee. Within this framework, your options are constrained only by your imagination and your guests' preferences. You may also opt to eliminate or replace any or all of these steps in favor of something more reflective of your wedding theme.
- Be creative. A wedding reception does not necessarily mean an evening sit down dinner. Depending on the time of day you have a variety of options available. Why not schedule a morning ceremony and serve a champagne brunch. Incorporate a food station where guests have the opportunity to make their own waffles or order individualized omlets lovingly prepared by our chefs, and you can be certain that your reception will be a topic for months.
- For a casual afternoon reception, consider an afternoon tea. Your guests will enjoy tasty scones and pastries. A tea reception is normally held between the hours of 2 PM and 5 PM.
- Another option that is becoming popular is to have food stations, which have replaced the traditional buffet. With the food station set up, different foods are displayed at individual tables rather than the long table of a traditional buffet. Stations can vary from the traditional, such as carved meats, side dishes (rice, potatoes, pasta) and vegetables, to non-traditional such as crepes or stir-fry. You may even want to consider dessert stations that feature anything from make your own sundaes, homemade truffles, to an assortment of cheesecakes (or a kids station for cookie decorating).
For a unique wedding reception consider one of the following suggestions:
- An afternoon tea on the beautiful grounds of Government House.
- A reception overlooking the Charlottetown Harbor in a tent located near the dock behind the hotel.
- A period event held at Founders Hall.
We are pleased to explore lovely and unique options for your Prince Island wedding. Please contact our Catering Department: