In 1873, Governor William Cleaver Francis Robinson gave the City of Charlottetown the responsibility of caring for 40 acres of the Fanning Bank farm. This land was"to and for the use of all her Majesty's subjects as a park, promenade and pleasure ground." It was name Victoria Park in honour of Her Majesty Queen Victoria.
199 Queen Street
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island C1A 4B7