Delta, Air Canada and Aeroplan “Book and Board” Fall Promotion (the “Promotion”)
OFFICIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This Promotion is open and only available to guests that book and stay with Delta during the Promotional Period, September 9, 2013 – December 15, 2013 for arrivals from September 15 to December 15, 2013 (“Guests”). Guests must also be Aeroplan® members who are residents of Canada and is governed by Canadian law.
1. SPONSOR. The sponsor of this Promotion is Delta Hotel and Resorts Inc.
2. PRIZE SUPPLIERS. The prize suppliers of this Promotion are Delta Hotels and Resorts and Toyota Canada Inc.
3. PROMOTION PERIOD. The Promotion will commence on September 9, 2013, at 12:00:00 a.m. PST and will run until December 15, 2013, midnight PST (the “Promotional Period”). The Promotion is a two (2) part promotion and has specific terms and conditions applicable to each part: (1) Terms and Conditions to earn and redeem a 15% flight discount on eligible Air Canada bookings and (2) Terms and Conditions to Bonus Aeroplan miles.
4. PROMOTION ELIGIBILITY. This Promotion is only open to Canadian residents who have reached the age of majority in their respective province or territory of residence, except employees, representatives and agents of the Sponsor, or their respective affiliates and, if applicable, their respective advertising or promotion agencies, contest judges, contest prize suppliers, and any other companies engaged in the development, production, or distribution of materials for this Promotion, and members of the immediate families of, or persons domiciled with, any of the above.
The Promotion commences on September 9, 2013, and closes December 15, 2012, at midnight PST. Guests must stay at any branded participating Delta hotel or resort property in Canada From September 15 to December 15, 2013 in order to be eligible. Each guest staying during this period will receive a coupon code that is redeemable for a 15% discount on eligible Air Canada flights (the “Promo Code”) (for further information on rules and regulations with respect to use of the Promo Code, article 5a Part 1 of the present document Air Canada Flight Discount) and 750 Bonus Aeroplan miles. Guests must book using a qualifying rate that is any rate except airline crew, tour operator/group, specially negotiated and Delta Friends and Family rates or rates offered through opaque booking channels such as Expedia, hotwire.com and priceline.com. A stay is defined as one or more consecutive nights in the same hotel regardless of the number of check-ins or checkouts that may occur. Applicable to new bookings and all corporate travel.
5. PROMOTION DETAILS:
a. PART 1: ELIGIBILITY TO OBTAIN THE 15% AIR CANADA FLIGHT DISCOUNT (PROMO CODE) Guests who have completed a reservation at a participating Delta hotel or resort property on deltahotels.com or through aircanada.com during the Promotional Period will obtain a hotel reservation confirmation code via email to complete the Promotion registration process to obtain the Air Canada Promo Code by submitting their name, e-mail address and hotel booking confirmation number in the relevant fields on the site. Upon confirmation of the room reservation, guests will receive an e-mail confirmation from Delta, which will include their unique, one-time use, Air Canada Promo Code, within 24 hours. The issuance of Air Canada Promo Codes by Delta will end concurrently with the Promotional Period. A $200 cancellation fee will be charged by Delta if the hotel reservation is cancelled after the Air Canada flight is booked using the Promo Code. To avoid the $200 hotel cancellation fee, proof must be provided that both the Delta hotel reservation and the Air Canada flight booking are both cancelled. Regular Aeroplan Miles will be awarded with each qualifying stay.
The Promo Code applies to flights operated by Air Canada and booked on aircanada.com. Flights must originate from Canada. Applies to Flex, Latitude and Executive Class on Air Canada operated flights within Canada, and between Canada and the U.S. (including Hawaii), the Caribbean and Mexico. Codeshare flights are excluded. Promo Code can be used only once and cannot be combined with another promotion code or discount. Promo Code discount applies to new bookings on aircanada.com for published fares and cannot be applied after the booking has been made. All travel must be booked and completed by December 17, 2013. Discount does not apply on “multi-city” routings, including stopovers, open jaws or additional destinations. The Promo Code is for personal use only and may not be redistributed or sold or redeemed for cash, or otherwise used for commercial or personal gain, other than for the purpose for which it is intended. Air Canada reserves the right to modify or cancel this Promo Code at its discretion. Limited to 4 (four) people per booking.
b. PART 2: BONUS MILES
ELIGIBILITY. Any guest who books and stays with Delta during the Promotional Period will qualify to earn 750 Bonus Aeroplan miles. Guests must stay on a qualifying rate that is any rate except for Group rates, Air Crew, Delta Hotels Friends and Family rates, Opaque Booking Channels, Tour Accounts – drivers and escorts – and complimentary rates. Owners of time–shares and private residence/ownership units are not eligible.
c. PART 3: Toyota Camry Contest
(B) 2013 Toyota Camry. There will be one (1) new 2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE – Moonroof Package car courtesy of Toyota Canada Inc. The approximate total retail value of the car is $32,000 CAD (plus freight, PDI, licensing, registration and applicable taxes). The prize does not include any other costs related to the operation of the vehicle, including, without limitation, vehicle registration, license, fuel/gas charges, repair of any damage and insurance, all of which are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the following general conditions apply to the Grand Prize: (i) Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable, assignable or convertible to cash (no substitutions, transfers or assignments except as permitted in Contest Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion); (ii) Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize or a component thereof for any reason with a prize or a prize component of equal or greater value; (iii) manufacturer’s standard warranty applies to the Grand Prize; (iv) upon notification from the Contest Sponsor, the declared Grand Prize winner will be required to personally take delivery of the Grand Prize from a Toyota dealership within Canada reasonably close to the Grand Prize winner’s place of residence in Canada as designated by Toyota Canada Inc., in its sole discretion, and present adequate personal identification; (v) the Grand Prize will not be released unless and until the declared Grand Prize winner first shows proof of having a valid driver’s license (equivalent to a full “G” class license in Ontario or class 5 in Quebec) in the province/territory in which he/she resides and proof of satisfactory insurance; (vi) declared Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein including, without limitation, costs associated with obtaining a valid driver’s license, license plates, registration, insurance and/or fuel/gas; and (vii) the Grand Prize will only be awarded to the eligible Entrant whose full name and valid e-mail address appears on the Entry Form. Prize will be awarded within ninety (90) days of the winners’ announcement.
DRAW. Prize will be drawn randomly. Name will be selected from among all eligible entries received during the Promotional Period. Toyota Prize draw to take place no later than December 30, 2012 at the same time and location as noted above. Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. Limit of one (1) prize per person. Prizes must be accepted as awarded, and cannot be substituted, transferred, exchanged or surrendered for cash.
HOW TO ENTER THE BONUS PRIZING OPTION WITH NO PURCHASE. No purchase is necessary to enter the bonus prizing option. To be entered into the bonus prizing option without purchase, please hand-write your name, home address, including your postal code, Aeroplan membership number, day-time and evening telephone numbers and include an original hand-written essay (of no more than 50 words) about which Delta property is your favourite and why to:
BOOK AND BOARD – TOYOTA CAMRY CONTEST
C/o Marketing Services – M. Cho
Delta Hotels and Resorts
TD North Tower, 77 King Street West, Suite 2300
Toronto, ON M5K 1G8
6. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. By participating in this Promotion, each entrant accepts and agrees to these official rules and all decisions of the Sponsors (who may be employees, agents or independent contractors of Sponsors), which shall be final and legally binding on the entrant in all matters relating to this Promotion. All entries become the property of the Sponsors and will not be returned. In order to be confirmed a winner of the prize, the selected entrant will be required to sign the Sponsors’ form of Declaration of Compliance and Release which confirms compliance with these official rules and releases Delta, Aeroplan, Toyota and their affiliated companies, agencies, contest prize suppliers, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Promotion Group”) from all liability with respect to the entrant’s participation in this Promotion and the awarding and use of the prize. The winner of the prize agrees to the use of his or her name, comments, photograph and other likeness for publicity purposes, and grants to Delta any and all rights to said use without further compensation. The Sponsors are not responsible for printing, distribution or production errors. Sponsors may, at their sole discretion and without liability, rescind or amend this Promotion at any time. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. By participating in this Promotion, each entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Promotion Group: (i) shall have no liability of any kind whatsoever with respect to this Promotion and/or the awarding or use of the prize, (ii) makes no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning the prize, (iii) disclaims any implied warranty, and (iv) is not liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from the entrant’s acceptance or use of the prize or otherwise from such entrant’s participation in this Promotion. The Promotion Group is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Promotion, including, but not limited to, errors in advertising, the official rules, the selection and announcement of any winner, and the distribution of the prizes or discounts. The Promotion Group is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems or servers, computer software problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website and assumes no liability for damage to entrant’s or any person’s computer resulting from participating in the Promotion.
8. PERSONAL INFORMATION. By entering the Promotion, entrants agree that the personal information gathered about entrants in the course of this Promotion will be used solely by the Sponsors for the administration of the Promotion and in connection with publicity relating to the Promotion.
9. FOR RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this the prizing option of this Promotion, may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
10. GOVERNING LAW. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules, or the rights and obligations of an entrant and the Sponsors in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Quebec and the laws of Canada applicable therein.
11. LANGUAGE. In the event of any discrepancies between the English language rules and the French language rules for this Promotion, the English rules shall prevail.
© Delta Hotels and Resorts. All rights reserved.
® Aeroplan is a registered trademark of Aimia Canada Inc.
© 2013 Air Canada
© Toyota Canada Inc.