Finding things to do in Sault Ste. Marie has never been easier
Located right in the heart of downtown Sault Ste. Marie, our guests have a huge array of leisure activities from which to choose. The waterfront boardwalk is adjacent to the hotel, the Station Mall Shopping Centre is located across from the hotel and the OLG Casino Sault Ste. Marie is only a block away.
Check out these seasonal activities:
- Take a drive to Hiawatha Highlands for a scenic tour of this part of Ontario. Outdoor recreation can be found on the variety of trails and walkways.
- Have a look through Sault Ste. Marie’s local heritage at the Sault Ste. Marie Museum.
- Take a stroll down Queen Street and visit the independent stores and enjoy our scenic downtown sites.
- Enjoy 18 holes of golf in uptown Sault Ste. Marie at the Crimson Ridge Golf Course or downtown at the Sault Ste. Marie Golf Club.
- Visit the Canadian Heritage Bushplane Museum and explore the history and adventure of flight. This waterfront hangar offers more than 25,000 square feet of interactive, hands-on aviation exhibits.
- Experience the Sault Ste. Marie Canal. This navigable channel between Lake Huron and Lake Superior is located on the St. Mary's River in the core of our city.
- Jump aboard the Agawa Canyon Fall Colour Tour Train for a day of adventure in Ontario. This full day of recreation will showcase the beautiful colours of the north.
- The Ermatinger-Clergue National Historic Site consists of two of the oldest stone buildings northwest of Toronto surrounded by period gardens.
- Enjoy the Art Gallery of Algoma, located on the city’s waterfront, offering a wide variety of exhibitions.
- The Searchmont Ski Resort features three lifts and several runs from which to choose.
- Cross-country skiers can explore the Hiawatha Highlands and Stokely Creek.
- Enjoy an afternoon of ice skating at the Central Park or John Rhodes Oval outdoor rinks.
- Take in a Soo Greyhound hockey game at the Essar Centre.