Fort Henry was built from 1832 to 1837 to replace an existing fortification from the War of 1812 era. Situated atop Point Henry, the Fort protected the naval dockyard at Point Frederick, the entrance of the Rideau Canal and the town of Kingston. Today, uniformed military interpreters known as the Fort Henry Guard staff the fort, conducting demonstrations of British military life and tours for visitors. There are also self-guided tours. Throughout the day there are various activities including historical reenactments.
1 Fort Henry Dr
Kingston, Ontario K7K 5G8