Originally just a small logging town called Gastown, Vancouver has grown to one of the largest cities in Canada as well as a transcontinental trade route between the Orient, Eastern Canada and London. What does this bit of history mean for travelers?
Vancouver is now one of the country’s most vibrant cultural destinations- and the unofficial movie hub of Canada as well, dubbed “Hollywood North.” Whether you’re visiting us or just flying through, be sure to take in all our fair city has to offer.
Explore all that Vancouver has to offer with Delta Hotels and Resorts as your home base. A few of our favourite things to do:
- Brag about skiing, golfing and sailing on the same day.
- Bargain for deals in Chinatown, the third largest in North America. A fun tip? You can buy Chinese stamps for your postcards at the Chinese post office in Richmond.
- Walk along the cobblestone streets of Gastown and watch the famous steam clock hiss and toot.
- Be a trendsetter in Yaletown, Vancouver's hip, renovated warehouse district.
- Taste B.C. icewine and contribute to the region's standing as North America's highest per-capita wine consumer. Hungry? Feast on alder-grilled salmon, traditional dim sum breakfast and salmon candy.
Looking for accommodations in Vancouver? Delta Vancouver Suites is the ideal match for your next visit. Book a reservation, at right, or peruse more attractions below.
things to do
A staple of downtown Vancouver, Rogers Arena is one of the premier sports and entertainment facilities in all of North America. Highly praised for its comfortable seating and superior sight lines, visitor hospitality lies at the heart of this 475,000 sq. ft. building.
At the edge of fashion in the heart of downtown, Pacific Centre is Vancouver's premier shopping destination featuring: Holt Renfrew, Harry Rosen, MaxMara, Hugo Boss, Hollister, Sephora, Apple, Coach, Browns Shoes, Atmosphere/Sport Chek, the Four Seasons Hotel and so much more.
Located on the corner of Georgia and Howe, adjacent to Robson Street and the Vancouver Art Gallery.
Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
3211 Grant McConachie Way, Richmond, British Columbia V7B 1Y7, Canada
Vancouver Harbour Water Airport (CXH)
1055 Canada PlaceVancouver, BC V6C 0C3, Canada
Delta Vancouver Suites
British Columbia V6B 1L6 Canada